Apologetics – Discipleship (1 Thessalonians 2:1-12)
Question: My life really counts if ______________?
1 Thessalonians 3:8
Context: What happened in Thessalonica?
Content: The Gospel of God and Our Lives as Well
1 Thessalonians 2:1-12
Discipleship is ____________ & _____________ transference
in the context of a ______________ _________________.
- Monday: 1 Thessalonians 1:4-8
- Tuesday: 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20
- Wednesday: 2 Timothy 2:1-7
- Thursday: Luke 16:13, Galatians 1:15-16
- Friday: Colossians 2:2-4
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- Be- I will ask someone to share God’s truth and their lives with me. (aka- disciple me)
- Multiply- I will be INTENTIONAL with my relationship with ________________ to share my life and God’s truth with them.
- Go- I will build a relationship with an international student through International Friendship Outreach to share truth and life with them.
Home Church Questions
- Read 1 Thessalonians 3:8, Acts 17:1-9, 1 Thessalonians 2:1-12.
- Discuss what stood out to you in this message. Was anything challenging, important, or helpful?
- Discuss the definition of Discipleship given in the message. Do you agree or disagree with that definition?
- What are the benefits of being involved in discipleship?
- Do you need someone to disciple you? If so what keeps you from asking? Who would you ask if those obstacles were not a factor?
- Why are we afraid to enter into a discipling relationship?
- Is there a relational opportunity God has already provided where you can be intentional in discipleship?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
Do You Commute? // Check out the Fellowship Library on the second floor for some awesome resources to listen to on your daily drive.
A box // It’s a wrap!! Monday we shipped 689 cartons of gospel opportunities off to the Denver Processing Center // Thank you to each and every one of you who made our 2015 collection a success // Also, please join us at our December 6th services when we will reveal our shoebox numbers!!
A bow // If you would like an opportunity to bless someone through two local ministries in the Conway area – Glennhaven and Life After Prison Ministries, look for the Angel Tree in the atrium TODAY // You’ll be able to take a bow off the tree and return the item(s) listed on it back to the Connection Center by Sunday, December 13.
A Better Experience // As God continues to bring new people to Fellowship, we want our visitors to have the best possible first impression of FBC // We have 2 opportunities as part of our Christmas Offering on December 13th to make coming to Fellowship a better experience: 1. New furniture in the atrium (don’t look too closely at the stuff that is currently out there…or do and you will see why it is time to upgrade). 2. Additional parking spaces on the northwest side.
Parents’ Night Out // Enjoy a little time of your own during this busy holiday season while we have fun with your kids // December 11, 6-9 PM for kids birth-4th grade // RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org // Childcare for children under three, please, email Shanna Franklin at email@example.com.
Christmas Eve // We know it is still a way off but wanted you to be able to mark your calendars and make plans to bring the family // We will be having two Christmas Eve worship services this year at 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. // Be praying about who God would have you invite.
The Updated Fellowship Mobile App // Use your smartphone to listen to sermons, view digital bulletins, submit prayer requests, and more. Available at Fellowshipconway.org/app.
Downline Discipleship Summit // Want to get encouraged and further equipped for discipleship? // Downline Summit, February 5-6 in Memphis // More info and sign-up at www.fellowshipconway.org/DL-Summit
July 1 – November 22, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 11/15/15 13,903
Giving for 11/22/15 21,243
Year to Date Needed 451,733
Year to Date Giving 455,091
Over (Under) Budget 3,358