ACTS: THE CHURCH ON MISSION
Pratical Points on Prayer
Sermon Slides – Click here
To the Father, Through the Son, By the Spirit
• Our prayers are directed to the Father (Matt. 6:9)
• Our prayers are through the accomplishments and authority of Jesus (Heb. 10:19).
• Our prayers are guided by the Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:26)
Praise, Thanksgiving, Confession, and Petition
• Praise: Making God the subject of your sentences (Psalms).
• Thanksgiving: Grateful for the blessings of the Lord (Eph. 1:15 et al).
• Petition: Making requests to God (Ephesians 3:14-19).
Prayer and the Sovereignty of God
• God is sovereign (Psalm 115:3).
• God ordained prayer to be a part of His sovereign plan (James 5:16).
• Prayer aligns us with the purposes of God (Acts).
Living on Mission:
The church of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit,
praises God and aligns themselves with God’s purpose
as they pray.
Living on Mission
- Humbly pray knowing that you approach God by the blood of Christ.
- Boldly pray knowing that you approach God by the blood of Christ.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth. We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church questions
- Read Hebrews 10.
- Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
- Talk about the statement, We pray to the Father, through the Son, by the Spirit.” Why are each of these critical, and how do they guide our prayers?
- Talk more about the distinction between Praise and Thanksgiving. Both are legitimate but they are distinct. How does this impact our prayer?
- How does confession keep us humble and align us with God’s purposes?
- God is sovereign. Prayer is God’s will. How is this confusing? How should we respond? Does this lead you to pray more or less?
- Based on your discussion of the above question, do you think you understand God’s desire for us to pray?
- What motivates you to pray?
Operation Christmas child Collection Week
Operation Christmas Child collection week is almost here! We are excited about your involvement as we work toward our goal of 6100 boxes! The GO Store, located in Downtown Conway, is the perfect place for you to buy approved items to put in your box for a fraction of the cost of retail. That means, if you plan to pack 1 box,
you might be able to pack 2 or 3 boxes for the same amount!
We need MANY volunteers for OCC Collection Week, November 12 – 19, so please visit the Fellowship app on your phone
and click the OCC icon to sign up or visit the website and click on the OCC menu.
Fellowship 101 | November 11 | 1st Service
Get to know Fellowship better by understanding our mission, values, and ministries. If you have been checking out Fellowship or recently decided to make Fellowship your home, we invite you to come hear about what God is doing and where He is taking us. Fellowship 101 is your one-stop for great information on who we are and how you can be part of God’s story here. During the hour and a half, you will hear about our mission and values, get a chance to ask questions, and meet ministry leaders. We would love for you to join us for Fellowship 101. Register at www.fellowshipconway.org/register.
FSM Middle School Retreat | November 16-18 | Camp Solgohachia
All 5-7th grade students our “Alive” retreat is almost here. This will be an incredible weekend focusing on our relationship with Christ, fellowship with one another, and a whole lot of fun! $90 includes lodging and all food for the weekend ($20 off for second child).
Every year, CoHO (City of Hope Outreach)provides a Thanksgiving meal for the people living within the communities they serve. For some in the community, their financial constraints mean that this is the only opportunity they have to celebrate this holiday. We have the opportunity to partner with CoHO by providing food items for this meal. If you would like to help, please contact Mary Nabholz at 501-499-1083 or email email@example.com.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 10/21 25,609
Giving For 10/28 19,599
YTD Budget 441,346
YTd Giving 396,4015
Over (under) (45,331)
Total Pledge 1,542,627