Apologetics in Community
Honest Answers, Observable Love (John 17:20-21) Unity of believers before a watching world confirms that the Father has sent the Savior.
The Mark of the Christian (John 13:34-35) Christians who love other believers well put an exclamation at the end of their proclamation.
Sacrificial Love (Luke 10:25-37) Christians meet the urgent needs of those God brings to us and calls us to serve for the sake of their greatest need.
Love is the mark by which the world will know one is a true Christian and validates the message Jesus was sent by the Father.
- Monday: Galatians 6:7-10
- Tuesday: 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
- Wednesday: 1 John 3:11-18
- Thursday: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
- Friday: Luke 10:25-37
Next Steps from Today’s message
- Be – I will seek the Lord to see if there is disunity in any relationships with other believers or inconsistency in how I am living that would hinder my witness.
- Multiply – I will share with a friend how the Holy Spirit leads me to love better and challenge them to do the same.
- Go – I will walk through the open doors God has for me this week to love and share the Gospel with others.
Home Church Questions
- Read John 13:34-35 & 17:20-21.
- Share one word you think summarizes how Christians in America are perceived.
- Share briefly who God used to lead you to Him and what their life looked like.
- Why is it difficult to live in unity with other believers? What can we do about it?
- From the John 17 passage, what is at stake? How does that change your perspective on your relationships with other believers?
- Think of how you loved those around you this past week. Would you say it demonstrated your faith in Christ to unbelievers or hindered your verbal witness?
- Is there anyone you are in conflict with today that you need to extend forgiveness in order to proclaim the grace you have received?
- Focus your prayer time on your Home Church being a place of such unity and love that proclaims the Father has sent the Savior.
New to fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
Thank You Fellowship! // Big thank you to everyone who helped repair and prepare Fellowship inside and out // It was great to see the body working side by side.
Fellowship Men’s Breakfast // Saturday, October 17, 8:00 a.m. // Join the other men of Fellowship as we eat bacon and hear from the men of Renewal Ranch.
Fellowship Kids Pumpkin patch // Saturday, October 17 // Meet us at 10:45 a.m. at the Pumpkin Patch for some pumpkin picking and picnicking (bring your own lunch or purchase lunch from the concession stand)!
OCC Night of Worship // Operation Christmas Child is one of the biggest endeavors we undertake as a church family // Please join us Wednesday, October 21, 6:30 p.m. for an evening of worship and prayer for OCC // Child care for 6 years and under by RSVP to email@example.com by Monday, October 19.
Girlfriends Fall Retreat // October 11 LAST DAY TO SIGN UP // Sign up today and/or make final payment at Connection Center // Get away and hear from God.
Military Service Project // Want to bless a service member in the U.S. armed forces? // Purchase a Thanksgiving, Christmas, and/or Thank You card —- record your appreciation, a scripture, words of encouragement, and drop it off at the Connection Center // Cards will be mailed to soldiers on a Naval air carrier in the Middle East and Ft. Benning, Georgia, in time for the holidays // Don’t have time to purchase a card? Pick one up at the Connection Center // Cards due back by Oct 25th.
Darrell Bock // Truth Matters Seminar // Saturday, November 7, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. // Do you ever feel you lack confidence to engage others in what you believe? // Join us for an afternoon with Darrell Bock, author of “Truth Matters” and frequenter of Ken’s Power Point slides as he delves into Apologetics // RSVP for the event and child care at: http://www.fellowshipconway.org/bock/
July 1 – October 4, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 09/27/15 19,001
Giving for 10/04/15 24,836
Year to Date Needed 300,714
Year to Date Giving 311,674
Over (Under) Budget 10,960