God’s Vision for the Church
Knowing Jesus and Changing Lives
Introduction: Vision and Visionaries
God reveals who Jesus is.
On the Rock
Jesus builds His church.
The church continues Jesus’ work.
God’s vision for the church
is to become a rudder in the world
that opens a gateway to life in the Kingdom of God.
Living on Mission
- Be a torch and witness to the gateway of life.
- Build your life on the rock. Trust Him in the midst of your storms.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Matthew 15:1-20
- Tuesday – Matthew 15:21-28
- Wednesday – Matthew 15:29-39
- Thursday – Matthew 16:1-12
- Friday – Matthew 16:13-20
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Matthew 16:13-20
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• What was it like hearing someone preach from another culture?
• What encouraged you as you listened to David speak?
• What challenged you as you listened to David speak?
• Are you a torch? What would that even look like in your relationships?
• What storms are you going through? How can Jesus be a rock in the midst of that particular storm?
• Spend some time praying for David, his ministry and his church.
“Why They Stay”
November 3 , 2018
We are inviting the entire Fellowship Family to join us on November 3, from 8:30-1:30 for a very important time as we explore how we can invest in the next generation to keep them committed to Christ. In our current culture young adults are leaving the church in droves. We want to address the reasons why they stray from the family of God, and explore how we can all partner together to help them stay committed.
Breakout sessions will be offered throughout the day. Childcare, continental breakfast, and lunch will be included.
Register at the Connection Center or www.fellowshipconway.org/register.
Fellowship Kids Fire Drill | SUNDAY | Both Services
Parents of Fellowship Kids we will have our annual fire drill (Nursery – 4th Grade) TODAY during both services. At the end of Sunday’s service you can pick up your child(ren) from the grassy area beyond the west parking lot.
Women’s Conference | October 19-20
SUNDAY is the last day to register for the Women’s Conference. Get away from the routine, connect with other women, and refocus on your relationship with the Lord while Donna Seal, a licensed Christian counselor, guides us in evaluating the power of our thoughts. Cost is $30, register at www.fellowshipconway.org/register or the Connection Center. Questions? Contact Lesta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowship Volunteer Opportunities
Ushers – We are looking for a few good men who are willing to work with a team and serve as ushers. Email Michael at email@example.com for more information.
Valet Parking – Our new Northwest Entrance will provide a shorter distance from your vehicle to a seat in the Worship Center for anyone who needs it. When it is completed we want to provide valet parking for our elderly and anyone unable to manage the distance from the parking spaces. We are looking for a dedicated team with a big heart for serving. For more information, contact Michael Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every year, CoHO (City of Hope Outreach)provides a Thanksgiving meal for the people living within the communities they serve. For some in the community, their financial constraints mean that this is the only opportunity they have to celebrate this holiday. We have the opportunity to partner with CoHO by providing food items for this meal. If you would like to help, please contact Mary Nabholz at 501-499-1083 or email email@example.com.
Save the Date
• Operation Christmas Child Collection Week – November 12-19
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 9/30 24,602
Giving For 10/7 26,105
YTD Budget 367,788
YTD Giving 319,607
Over (under) (48,181)
Total Pledge 1,603,697