Apologetics – Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Psalm 119 – The Exquisite Value of God’s Word
• 40 Authors: ___________________________________
• 1600 Years: ___________________________________
• One Story: ____________________________________
• Multitudes of Copies: ____________________________
• Close Dates: __________________________________
• Complete Consistency: ___________________________
• Over Time: ____________________________________
• Across Culture: _________________________________
• Throughout Life: ________________________________
• Inspired by God: ________________________________
• Profitable for Believers: ___________________________
• Transforming Lives: _____________________________
The Bible is God’s revelation to man
faithfully and accurately transmitted
to guide us to love Him and others according to His design.
- Monday: Psalm 119:1-64
- Tuesday: Psalm 119:65-120
- Wednesday: Psalm 119:121-176
- Thursday: 2 Timothy 3:10-17
- Friday: 2 Peter 1:16-21
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- Be – I will thank God for His Word and value it by reading and obeying it.
- Multiply – I will teach someone I know something I learn in Scripture this week.
- Go – I will pray for people who have no written Bible available in their language. I will pray for Bible translators to continue to get the Scriptures translated into new languages.
Home Church Questions
- Read 2 Timothy 3:10-17 and 2 Peter 1:16-21.
- What points, illustrations or quotes from today’s message made an impact on you? Why?
- What difference would it make if Scripture were not an accurate report of historical events? Does it matter?
- What ramifications are there in your life when you believe the Word of God is true? Not true?
- Why would God choose to reveal Himself to us in a written form? What does that assume?
- Studies have shown that the number one predictor of spiritual health is regular time in God’s Word. Why would that be true? How consistent are you in being in the Bible regularly?
- How can we more effectively link reading God’s Word and obeying God’s Word?
- What practical steps can we take to be more accountable about spending time in God’s Word?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
Military Service Project // Want to bless a service member in the U.S. armed forces? // Purchase (or pick one up from the Connection Center) a Thanksgiving, Christmas, and/or Thank You card, record your appreciation, a scripture, words of encouragement, and drop it off at the Connection Center // Cards will be mailed to soldiers on a Naval air carrier in the Middle East and Ft. Benning, Georgia, in time for the holidays // Cards are due today!
Darrell Bock // Truth Matters Seminar // Saturday, November 7, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. // Do you ever feel you lack confidence to engage others in what you believe? // Join us for an afternoon with Darrell Bock, author of “Truth Matters” and frequenter of Ken’s Power Point slides, as he delves into Apologetics // RSVP for the event and child care at: http://www.fellowshipconway.org/bock/.
The Legacy Journey Class // Mondays at 6:30 p.m. starting Nov 2 // The Legacy Journey by Dave Ramsey is an all-new, seven-week, biblically-based class that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come // This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and true generosity // For more info and to register go to www.fellowshipconway.org/legacy-journey.
Grace Based Parenting // It’s hard to be parents, and it’s even more difficult to be parents in a Christian home // Join us Saturday, November 14, 9-11:00 a.m. as we explore ways to parent with grace // RSVP to Heather Fulmer at email@example.com.
OCC Update // Don’t forget to visit the GO Store for all your shoebox shopping needs, start saving your postage for your boxes, and think about a family note or picture to add to your box // Located in the Ministry Center (766 Harkrider), The GO Store has tons of discount merchandise // For full listing of days and hours go to Facebook.com/OCCgostore // Contact Erica Cason at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a time to have a packing party with your Home Church, sports team, etc.
July 1 – October 18, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 10/11/15 19,403
Giving for 10/18/15 17,638
Year to Date Needed 343,868
Year to Date Giving 348,716
Over (Under) Budget 4,848