ACTS: THE CHURCH ON MISSION
The Prayer of the Church on Mission
Two Pitiful Prayers
Pompous Prayers (Matthew 6:5-6)
• Problem: Public prayers receive earthly reward.
• Solution: Private prayers receive heavenly reward.
Pointless Prayers (Matthew 6:7-8)
• Problem: A mantra of many words goes unheard.
• Solution: A prayer focused on God and community is heard.
A Pattern for Prayer
Talk to the Father about the Father (Matthew 6:9-10)
• The Person/Praise of Prayer – “Our Father, be honored”
• The Program of Prayer – “Your Kingdom come”
• The Purpose/Plan of Prayer – “Your Will be Done on Earth”
Talk to the Father about the Family (Matthew 6:11-13)
• Provision for the Family – “Give us”
• Pardon for the Family – “Forgive us”
• Protection for the Family – “Deliver us”
Living on Mission:
The church of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit,
praises God and aligns themselves with God’s purpose
as they pray for the family of God.
Living on Mission
• Try using The Lord’s Prayer to guide your prayers each day this week.
• Pray with a friend this week.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Acts 4:23-31
- Tuesday – Matthew 6:5-15
- Wednesday – Luke 11:1-4
- Thursday – John 17:1-26
- Friday – Acts 4:32-37
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Matthew 6:5-13.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• Identify as many things as possible that are connected to the coming of the Kingdom of God. Why would we pray for that?
• What kinds of provision do we need from God? Be as exhaustive as possible.
• Why would it be important to pray for forgiveness in the middle of all prayers?
• Brainstorm all the ways that the “evil one” is working against God’s purposes and God’s Kingdom.
• How can we pray for deliverance from these things?
“Why They Stay”
November 3 , 2018
In our current culture, young adults are leaving the church in droves. Join us Saturday, November 3, 8:30-1:30 p.m. as we address the reason why they stray from the family of God, and explore how we can all partner together to help them stay committed.
In addtion to the two general sessions on marriage and parenting, break out sessions will be offered and led by Fellowship pastoral staff.
Childcare will be provided along with a continental breakfast and lunch catered by Fat Daddy’s.
Register at the Connection Center or www.fellowshipconway.org/register.
Registration deadline is Wednesday, October 31.
Operation Christmas Child Collection Week | November 12-19
Operation Christmas Child season is in full swing and we are in need of MORE shoeboxes. If you have any shoeboxes (no flip tops), would you consider donating them? You can use any kind of shoebox to pack your items–plastic, GO box, wrapped, flip-top–as long as it is not wrapped closed. The GO Store, located in Downtown Conway, is the perfect place for you to buy approved items to put in your box for a fraction of the cost of retail. That means, if you plan to pack 1 box, you might be able to pack 2 or 3 boxes for the same amount! We need MANY volunteers for OCC Collection Week, November 12 – 19, so please visit the Fellowship app on your phone and click the OCC icon to sign up or www.fellowshipconway.org.
Fellowship 101 | November 11 | 1st Service
Get to know Fellowship better by understanding our mission, values, and ministries. If you have been checking out Fellowship or recently decided to make Fellowship your home, we invite you to come hear about what God is doing and where He is taking us. Fellowship 101 is your one-stop for great information on who we are and how you can be part of God’s story here. During the hour and a half, you will hear about our mission and values, get a chance to ask questions, and meet ministry leaders. We would love for you to join us for Fellowship 101. Register at www.fellowshipconway.org/register.
FSM Middle School Retreat | November 16-18 | Camp Solgohachia
All 5-7th grade students our “Alive” retreat is almost here. This will be an incredible weekend focusing on our relationship with Christ, fellowship with one another, and a whole lot of fun! $90 includes lodging and all food for the weekend ($20 off for second child).
Day Light Savings Time | November 3
Remember to set your clocks back one hour Saturday, November 3 and join us for services at 9:00 amd 10:45 a.m.
Every year, CoHO (City of Hope Outreach)provides a Thanksgiving meal for the people living within the communities they serve. For some in the community, their financial constraints mean that this is the only opportunity they have to celebrate this holiday. We have the opportunity to partner with CoHO by providing food items for this meal. If you would like to help, please contact Mary Nabholz at 501-499-1083 or email email@example.com.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 10/14 31,200
Giving For 10/21 25,609
YTD Budget 416,827
YTD Giving 376,416
Over (under) (40,411)
Total Pledge 1,542,267