Four Beasts and the Son of Man
• On Prophets and Prophecy
Test # 1 – Deuteronomy 13:1-5 – Consistent with the Teaching of Scripture
Test # 2 – Deuteronomy 18:15-22 – Accurate Prediction of the Future
Application to Jesus: Consistent with Scripture and Predicted Resurrection
• The Near View and the Far View
• The Already and the Not Yet
• Typology – Prophecy through Prophetic Pattern
Daniel’s Disturbing Dream (7:1-14).
• God is actively directing the kingdoms of the world for His purpose (7:1-6).
• The final stage of world government will be more tyrannical and godless (7:7-8).
• God will judge the final world ruler and bring history to a climax (7:9-12).
• The Son of Man–Jesus the Messiah–will bring kingdom blessing to God’s people (7:13-14).
In the ongoing violent changes of man’s kingdoms, God is working to bring blessing to His people through Jesus the Messiah.
Thriving in Babylon: Place your hope in Jesus not the governments of this world.
The Angel’s Alarming Interpretation (7:15-28).
• History will progress until God establishes His eternal kingdom (7:15-18).
• God’s people will suffer significantly before He establishes His rule (7:19-27).
• God’s people rely on His truth and find hope in the midst of turbulent times (7:28).
God’s sovereign control of history and ultimate purpose is our only hope in turbulent times.
Thriving in Babylon: Know the Word of God and keep your eyes on Jesus.
Study and understand the Word of God,
keeping your focus on God’s purpose and plan,
culminating in the return of Jesus the Messiah
who is our only hope.
- Monday: 2 Thessalonians 2:1-16
- Tuesday: Psalm 2
- Wednesday: Revelation 13:1-10
- Thursday: Revelation 13:11-18
- Friday: Daniel 8:1-27
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will prayerfully vote this year but will not place my hope in human government.
- I will think more about my hope being in the future and not the present.
- I will look to God’s Word for meaning, purpose, and hope.
- I will praise God – The Ancient of Days – and look forward to the appearing of the Son of Man – Jesus the Messiah.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 7.
- Read Psalm 2.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Talk about the challenges of the election season this year.
- Take time to pray for our country and for the peace of Jerusalem.
- How do you respond to prophetic passages like this? Do you like them? Do you hate them? Are they intriguing? Are they confusing? Are they interesting? Do you skip over them?
- The passage seems to be ultimately hopeful but Daniel is anxious (7:15) and alarmed (7:28). Why was this his reaction?
- Why and how did Daniel keep these matters in his heart? How can we follow his example?
- What can we do to keep our hope in God’s sovereign plan and purpose while keeping our eyes on Jesus?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Dave Ramsey’s-The Legacy Journey This is a seven-week, biblically based class that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come. This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and true generosity. Classes begin November 7th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Register at http://wp.me/p32b38-1yT.
EQUIP-Fellowship Kids Parenting Class Ever wish you could be better prepared to lead your family spiritually? Feel lost in a sea of endless resources and are not sure where to begin? Then don’t miss out on this opportunity to get practical and Biblical guidance for leaving a legacy within your family. Join us Saturday, November 12, 9:00-11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Kids worship room. Sign up at http://tinyurl.com/jbpjm5m. Child care provided.
One Cry What if the Church joined in one cry before the Lord to send revival in Conway, the US, and around the world? We look forward to seeing. Local churches will be gathering together Tuesday, November 1, 6:00 a.m. Please join us at City Hall.
Nicaragua Medical/Evangelism Team Info Meetings We would like to grow our partnership with Nicaragua in the medical and evangelism areas. We are having two meetings (lunch included) for the two types of teams. Join us and find out how you can get involved.
• Medical Team informational meeting – Nov 6th, 12:20 p.m. (childcare provided)
• Evangelism Team informational meeting – Dec 4th 12:20 p.m. (childcare provided)
Marvin Williams Gospel Sing Night Our beloved Marvin will host an evening of singing hymns Friday, November 4th from 7:00-8:30 p.m. No RSVP needed, just show up ready to sing.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 10/16/16 24,752
Giving for Week Ending 10/23/16 25,761
Year to Date Needed 391,562
Year to Date Giving 401,756
Over (Under) Budget 10,194