Testimony of a Humbled Pagan
The Dream of the King (4:1-18)
• Peace is easily shattered by fear (4:4-5).
• Works, wealth, and power are inadequate to answer life’s deeper questions (4:6-7).
• The unbelieving world recognizes the work of God in the lives of faithful followers (4:8-18).
Thriving in Babylon: Faithfully build the road of long obedience in the same direction. The unbelieving world will notice.
The Interpretation through Daniel (4:19-27)
• God’s faithful deliver His message regardless of audience and consequence (4:19-22).
• God’s grace supplies U-turn signs along the path of pride and disobedience (4:23-27).
Thriving in Babylon: Faithfully share God’s clear revelation from Scripture regardless of the audience or consequence.
Rise, Fall and Restoration of the King (4:28-37)
• The great accomplishments of man can be given to someone else in a heartbeat (4:28-33).
• The subject of the humble is the greatness of God (4:34-35).
• Those who walk in pride, God is able to humble (4:36-37).
Thriving in Babylon: Faithfully make the subject of your sentences our Great God.
Humbly and consistently submit to our sovereign God
who rules and reigns over all kingdoms on earth.
- Monday: Ephesians 4:1-3
- Tuesday: Philippians 2:1-11
- Wednesday: James 4:5-7
- Thursday: 1 Peter 3:8-12
- Friday: Daniel 5
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will ask God to show me obstacles in the road to long obedience in the same direction.
- I will share Jesus with someone I have been reluctant to.
- I will ask a friend to tell me what the subject of my sentences typically are and make changes accordingly.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 4.
- What stuck out to you from the passage?
- Daniel has faithfully followed God and served Nebuchadnezzar over 30 years. What results do we see from that?
- Is there an area of your life you are hesitant to ask for Godly counsel about? Why?
- Who do you relate more to Nebuchadnezzar, or Daniel? Why?
- What area(s) of your life do you find you are making yourself the subject of the sentence, rather than acknowledging the sovereignty of God? What do we do about that?
- How do we live in community with one another through Home Church that helps one another with blind spots, especially pride?
- Are there any kingdoms in your life being built apart from the Lord right now? How can we help?
New to fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Pumpkin Patch With fall come pumpkins and hay rides. We invite you to bring your family to join us at the Shaefers Pumpkin Patch, Saturday, October 15, 10:45 a.m. Join us for hay rides, picking pumpkins and the barnyard/animal petting area. Pack a picnic lunch, or buy lunch from the concession stand and have a great time hanging out with the Fellowship family.
Dave Ramsey’s-The Legacy Journey This is a seven-week, biblically based class that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come. This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and true generosity. November 7th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. For more information contact Travis Mays, team leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FBC Fall Work Day October 29, 8-1:00 p.m. Serve alongside your “Fellowship Family” to get our campus ready for the Fall/Winter season. We will provide lunch at 1 p.m. and there will be a place to serve for everyone. For more information, or if you have a special set of talents you want to use, contact Shane at email@example.com.
Fellowship 101 New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, October 30 (session 1) and November 6 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor). You will learn more about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading Fellowship.
Girlfriends Ministry Women of Faith Video Conference, October 21, 6:30-9:00 p.m. October 22, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. $40 per person (includes lunch and snacks). Register: Connection Center or http://www.fellowshipconway.org/ministries/womens-ministry/Experience a remarkable weekend celebration to be reminded…or discover for the very first time…what God’s grace and love mean for you.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 09/25/16 36,967
Giving for Week Ending 10/02/16 27,383
Year to Date Needed 322,463
Year to Date Giving 317,677
Over (Under) Budget (4,786)