ACTS: THE CHURCH ON MISSION
The Foundations of the Church
Sermon Slides – Click here
The Speeches in Acts
The Explanation of the Event: The Fulfillment of Prophecy (2:14-21)
- This is not the drunken behavior of fools (2:14-15).
- This is the fulfillment of Old Testament Prophecy (2:16-21).
– Past: The Holy Spirit Poured Out (2:16-18)
– Future: Signs and Wonders in the Heavens (2:19-20)
– Present: Salvation for All Who Call on the Name of the Lord (2:21)
The Ministry of the Messiah: The Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus (2:22-28)
- The life of Jesus authenticates His claims (2:22).
- The death of Jesus was the plan of God (2:23).
- The resurrection of Jesus accomplishes the victory (2:24-28).
The Resurrection of our Redeemer: The Resurrection and Exaltation of Jesus (2:29-36)
- David prophesied the resurrection (2:29-31).
- God raised Jesus from the dead and exalted Him (2:32-35).
- Jesus is Lord and Messiah (2:36).
The Response of Repentance: Repentance and Baptism Resulted in Salvation (2:37-41)
- The people knew they had to respond (2:37).
- Full repentance leads to full salvation for anyone (2:38-40).
- Three thousand people were saved and baptized (2:41).
Living on Mission: Keep Christ Central!
The church of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit,
grows as sinners respond to the resurrection and exaltation of Christ.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Joel 2:28-32
- Tuesday – Psalm 16
- Wednesday – Psalm 110
- Thursday – Ephesians 2:1-10
- Friday – Acts 2:42-47
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Acts 2:14-41.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• What made Peter’s message so powerful? Certainly the inspiration and power of the Holy Spirit is central. What else can you glean from his presentation?
• Ken talked about the fulfillment of prophecy being like “skipping a rock.” Talk about the illustration and decide if it makes sense.
• Peter emphasizes the life, death, resurrection, and exaltation of Christ in his message. Why is each one important to embracing the gospel?
• Has each member in the group been baptized (at Fellowship we define this as a “significant post-conversion water event”)? Is there anyone in the group who has not been baptized? Talk about it. Is it time?
• Bonus Question: Discuss Acts 2:39: “For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”
OCC Packing Party
On Monday, September 17, from 6-9 join us at our annual Operation Christmas Child packing party. We will pack, cartonize, and load 2400 Gospel Opportunities in the form of shoe boxes. We would love all who are able to join us for this fun and important evening. We are normally done by 8 and then clean up from 8-9. Child Care for children 6 years and under by RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net. We will have light finger foods and water available as well. All hands on deck Sunday night!
Thursday Morning Men’s Theology Study | Sept 13 | 6:00 a.m.
The study meets in the Reliance Health Care Conference Room at 824 Salem Road. For more information contact Will Morgan at 501-733-0692.
Father/Son Camp Out | Sept 21-22
Fathers and their sons ages 5-12 are invited to the woods on Friday evening and Saturday, Sept 21-22, for the Father Son Camp Out. Escape the craziness of life and enjoy fishing, campfires, games, and the quiet of nature for just a little while. For more information and/or to register, go to fellowshipconway.org/register or call Rick Kear at 501-470-5754. Registration deadline is TODAY.
Scripture, prayer, serving, and community. Have it all in Fellowship’s small group ministry called Home Church! Check out the groups with space on their couch for you. Sign up at www.fellowshipconway.org or at the Connection Center.
- Belong Tea | Sept 23 | 3:00 P.M.
The hope of Belong is to help connect women of Fellowship to Jesus and one another. Join us for macaroons, tea, and coffee. For more information contact Page at
- Isaiah precept Study | October 2 – November 13 | 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Isaiah Part 1, a 14 week in-depth study of what the LORD has to say to Israel, the Remnant, the Nations, and about the Child to come. For more information contact Mindy at email@example.com.
- Girlfriends Fall Conference
Registration starts today at www.fellowshipconway.org/register or the Connection Center. Our speaker, Donna Seal is a licensed Christian counselor who will guide us in evaluating the power of our thoughts.
Family Sunday | October 7 | Both Services
Come together before the Lord to worship as believers of all ages. Worshipping together is a great way for parents and other adults to model for our kids what our worship looks like on Sunday mornings as we pray, worship, and take part in communion together remembering what Christ has done for us.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly budget 24,519
Giving For 9/02 10,011
Giving For 9/09 22,423
YTD Budget 269,712
YTD Giving 224,906
Over (under) (44,806)
Total Pledge 1,600,164