ACTS: THE CHURCH ON MISSION
The Leadership of the Church on Mission
Sermon Slides – Click here.
A Short Lesson in Hermeneutics
Crazy Conclusion or Careful Consideration?
The Bible says everything is a part of God’s plan (1:15-17).
Risky Rationale or Accurate Assessment?
The Bible says lost leaders must be replaced (1:18-20).
A worthy witness has experienced the resurrected Lord (1:21-22).
Problematic Process or Prayerful Pondering?
We find God’s will by interpreting and applying scripture,
praying, and seeking the guidance of the Lord (1:23-26).
Living on Mission:
The church of Jesus Christ, guided by the Word of God,
prayerfully replaces its leadership with qualified candidates
as the Lord directs them.
Living on Mission
- Commit to finding God’s will primarily in God’s Word.
- Bathe all of your decisions in prayer.
- Seek God with all your heart.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Tuesday – Titus 1:1-16
- Wednesday – 2 Timothy 2:14-19
- Thursday – Acts 6:1-7
- Friday – Acts 2:1-13
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Acts 1:15-26.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorble from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• What are some important lessons that we must always keep in mind when interpreting, and then making application of scripture?
• What are some “unacceptable” ways that people seek the will of God?
• How should we seek the will of God? How does the Word of God, prayer, and the Holy Spirit fit into that process?
• How important is qualified, godly leadership in the church? Where have you seen it work well, and where has it not worked well?
• For the church to be healthy everyone must take their place of service seriously. How are you currently serving? Is this the right spot for you?
September 16 | 9:00 a.m. | Library
Get to know Fellowship better by understanding our mission, values, and ministries. If you have been checking out Fellowship, or recently decided to make Fellowship your home, we invite you to come hear about what God is doing and where He is taking us. Fellowship 101 is your one-stop for great information on who we are and how you can be part of God’s story here. During the hour and a half, you will hear about our mission and values, get a chance to ask questions, and meet ministry leaders. We would love for you to join us. Register at Fellowshipconway.org/register or contact Michael Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
OCC Packing Party | September 17 | 6:00 p.m.
As we study the book of Acts, where Luke is encouraging believers to follow in the footsteps and directives of the Risen Savior, One clear directive is for us to take the good news of salvation to those near and far. FBC has an immediate action step we can take in response to that call. On Monday, September 17, from 6-9 we will be involved in our annual Operation Christmas Child packing party. we will pack, cartonize, and load 2400 Gospel Opportunities in the form of shoe boxes. We would love all who are able to join us for this fun and important evening. We are normally done by 8 and then clean up from 8-9. Child Care for children 6 years and under by RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net. We will have light finger foods and water available as well. Hope to see you there!
Fellowship Kids Baptism Class | September 9, 16, 23, 30| 2nd Service
If you have a child who has accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, we would love to have you join us for this next step. We will talk about salvation, baptism, and what it looks like to be a Christian. This will be a class for you and your child to attend together. If you are interested in attending, please contact Heather McKinney at email@example.com.
Thursday Morning Men’s Theology Study | Sept 13 | 6:00 a.m.
The study meets in the Reliance Health Care Conference Room at 824 Salem Road. For more information contact Will Morgan at 501-733-0692.
Father/Son Camp Out | Sept 21-22
Fathers and their sons ages 5-12 are invited to the woods on Friday evening and Saturday, Sept 21-22, for the Father Son Camp Out. Escape the craziness of life and enjoy fishing, campfires, games, and the quiet of nature for just a little while. For more information and/or to register, go to fellowshipconway.org/register or call Rick Kear at 501-470-5754. Registration deadline is September 16.
Scripture, prayer, serving, and community. Have it all in Fellowship’s small group ministry called Home Church! Check out the groups with space on their couch for you. Sign up at fellowshipconway.org or at the Connection Center.
Griefshare | August 30 – November 15 | 6:30 p.m. | Fellowship
GriefShare offers hope and encouragement after the death of a spouse, child, family member, or friend. GriefShare will be August 30 – November 15, 6:30 p.m. at Fellowship (Room 211, 2nd floor). For more information, call Joe Garner at 469-556-8962.
International Friendship Outreach
• IFO Conway Welcome party, September 2, 4:30-7:30 p.m. 2nd Baptist Student Center. This is an exciting event where international students and Americans in Conway get together, share a meal, and get to know each other through different sport activities. Please bring a dish to share.
• Conversation Club, September 6, 6:00 p.m. 2nd Baptist Student Center. Fellowship bible Church has the honor of providing the meal. If you are able to bring a main, side, or dessert contact Miseon at 501-205-9207.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 8/19 23,130
Giving For 8/26 26,622
YTD Budget 220,673
YTD Giving 192,473
Over (under) (28,200)
Total Pledge 1,599,994