THE APOLOGETICS TASK (1 Peter 3:13-17)
• Theology: _________________________________________
• Apologetics: ______________________________________
• Evangelism: _______________________________________
• Biblical Apologists: _________________________________
• Ancient Apologists: ________________________________
• Modern Apologists: ________________________________
Exhortation (1 Peter 3:13-15)
• No problem, because if you suffer, you are blessed.
• No fear, because if you are intimidated, Christ is Lord.
• No hesitation, because if you are asked, you have an answer.
Example (Acts 17:16-34)
Exhortation (1 Peter 3:16-17)
• No worries, because if you are attacked, you are innocent.
• No promises, because if you suffer, it may be God’s will.
Example (John 13:31-35)
Living the life and learning the answers is our calling in a hostile world.
Monday: 1 Peter 3:8-12
Tuesday: 1 Peter 3:13-17
Wednesday: 1 Peter 3:18-22
Thursday: Acts 17:16-34
Friday: John 13:31-35
Next Steps from Today’s message
- Be – I will examine my life in community to see where I provoke positive or negative questions about my faith.
- Multiply – I will share/practice with one person this week about the hope I have in Christ.
- Go – I will pray for our missionaries to live lives and provide answers where God has called them.
Home Church Questions
- What are your expectations about the Apologetics series?
- What kind of portrayals of Christians do you see in the media that you know set believers up to be seen in a negative light?
- What are some important aspects of living a life that prompts people to ask questions?
- What is the “hope that is within us”?
- Is everyone in your group comfortable telling their story and incorporating the Gospel into it?
- Have you ever had anyone ask you to explain why you live the way you do? What did you say?
- Why do more people not ask us about our faith?
- What are the essential elements to telling someone about our “hope”?
New to fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions // Join us for lunch at our next Guest Reception September 27.
OCC Special Packing Night // September 21, 6:00 p.m. // Check out our new blog: http://www.fellowshipconway.org/you-dont-have-to-hear-joy-to-experience-it/.
Interested in Packing Shoe Boxes for OCC? // The Go Store, located in the Ministry Center (Oak and Harkrider), has tons of discount merchandise // The Grand Opening is October 1-3, store specific hours online at www.facebook.com/occgostore // Contact Erica Cason at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a time to have a packing party with your Home Church, sports team, etc.
Guest Reception Join us for lunch at our Guest Reception after 2nd service on Sunday, September 27 // We’d love to get to know you and let you get to know Fellowship // Join us as Teaching Pastor Ken Wilson shares the mission and vision of Fellowship.
Fellowship 101 New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, October 4 (session 1) and October 11 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor) You will learn about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading at Fellowship.
Men’s 33 Study // A Man and His Story // Have you ever explained “you” to “you” // Understand your past and enjoy God’s best for your future // Tuesdays, beginning October 6, 6:30 p.m. and Wednesdays, beginning October 7, 5:30 a.m.
Fellowship Fall Work Day // Saturday, October 10, 8:00 a.m. // This is the time of year we get together, pull up our sleeves, grab some tools, and work side by side // Lunch provided!
Fellowship Kids Pumpkin Patch // October 17 // Mark your calendar for a fun event for the whole family as we meet at the Pumpkin Patch for some pumpkin picking!
Girlfriends Fall Retreat // October 23-25 // Several crafting projects available at the retreat // Canoes and paddle boats, hiking, relaxing, girl time // Sign up today, space is limited!
July 1 – September 13, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 09/06/15 22,208
Giving for 09/13/15 18,748
Year to Date Needed 235,983
Year to Date Giving 241,670
Over (Under) Budget 5,687