Paul and Peter
Paul’s Passion about the Gospel
To view this week’s sermon slides, click Here.
Introduction: The Intersection of Theology and Lifestyle (1 Corinthians 15:33)
A Gospel Confrontation: Gospel truth is worthy of confrontation (2:11)
• Peter came to Antioch.
• Paul got in his face.
• Peter was guilty.
A Hypocritical Explanation: Fear of others weakens conviction (2:12-13)
• Fearing the Jews, Peter withdrew from full fellowship with Gentiles (2:12).
• Peter’s example influenced others (2:13).
A Clear Accusation: The truth of the gospel calls for courage (2:14)
• A clear violation of practical truth (2:14a).
• A public confrontation of a brother in Christ (2:14b).
• An example of hypocrisy unmasked (2:14c).
The Gospel Truth:
The practical application of Gospel truth
impacts the way you live your life
and must be handled with courage, grace, and clarity.
- Monday: Ephesians 4:25-32
- Tuesday: James 5:19-20
- Wednesday: James 2:1-7
- Thursday: James 2:8-13
- Friday: Galatians 2:15-21
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will live consistently with the Gospel that I claim to believe.
- I will love others enough to speak the truth in love.
Home Church Questions
- Read Galatians 2:1-10.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Have you ever been confronted in a gracious way? Was it effective? How did it change you?
- Have you had a successful “intervention” with another believer over the way they were living, or not living their faith? How did that turn out?
- What are the necessary elements of a successful confrontation?
- Why is confrontation so difficult?
- Why is standing for the truth and speaking the truth in love necessary? Do you do it?
OCC Shoebox Packing Party | Date: Monday, September 25 | Time: 6:00–9:00PM | Location: At Fellowship
We’re calling for all hands on deck as we gather together as a body to pack 2,400 shoe boxes this coming Monday, September 25, 6–9PM. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get your family and friends together as we prepare these boxes which will go around the world with the message of the gospel! Childcare provided for kids 5 and under. Click Here to watch a video from last year to see a glimpse of why we’re so excited for this ministry and the upcoming Shoebox Pack!
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Girlfriends Fall Retreat Join other women from Fellowship for a weekend of rest, recreation, and worship at the 4-H Conference Center just outside Little Rock. The weekend will consist of getting to know each other around a campfire, hearing women from our body speak about the theme of being “Fully Alive”, and eating delicious cinnamon rolls, as well as enjoying fun recreational activities and time to relax. Deadline to sign up is October 1. Sign up Here or stop by the Connection Center. Contact Lesta for questions of more information.
One Cry Prayer Gathering Tuesday, October 3, 6–7AM. Join with believers from all across Conway as we gather as one unified body to pray for God to move in our churches, communities, and nation. We encourage everyone that can attend, to join us and pray to our Lord together. Gathering will be held at 2nd Baptist Church.
The GO Store Silent Auction Donations The GO Store is seeking donations of items for a silent auction to support the grand opening of their new location and thrift store. Items for the auction can be dropped off at their new location (807 Court St.) from 10AM–2PM Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 9AM–12PM. The Fellowship body is also invited to attend the Silent Auction on October 12, 6–8PM. Contact Erica Cason for questions or more info on how to support this incredible ministry.
Fall Pumpkin Patch Parents, mark your calendars for Saturday, October 21, 10:45AM., when we’ll meet at Shaefer’s Pumpkin Patch for a time of hanging out and picking pumpkins as a Fellowship family. Contact Heather McKinney for questions or more information.
Resources for You and Family Throughout the Week
Parents, did you know that you can find great equipping resources to use with your kids and family throughout the week on our website and app? Our Partnering with Parents resource offers questions, practical application, and ways to engage your kids with the gospel, all from the convenience of your fingertips. Click Here or find more content on the Fellowship app.
Generations Update We believe everyone who calls Fellowship home has a role to play during this exciting season here at Fellowship. Please join us this week through one of the following ways:
• Click Here to learn more about the vision of Generations, read FAQs, or even find a prayer guide you can use with your family.
• Pray with your family for God’s provision over this endeavor and for His blessing over Fellowship’s growing ministries.
• Turn in a commitment indicating either your financial commitment or your willingness to join us in prayer on or before October 1.
Click Here to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 09/10/17 $21,911
Giving for Week Ending 09/17/17 $13,495
Year to Date Needed $279,205
Year to Date Giving $280,258
Over (Under) Budget $1,053