Communion 1 Corinthians 11:17-34
· Circumcision – Genesis 17
· Sabbath – Exodus 31:12-18
· Lord’s Supper – Luke 22:14-23
· Passover – Leviticus 23:4-8
· Peace Offering – Leviticus 3:1-17
· Lord’s Supper – Luke 22:14-23
· Exodus 24:8
· Jeremiah 31
· Isaiah 53
· Examination – 1 Corinthians 11:28
· Remembrance – 1 Corinthians 11:24, 25
· Proclamation – 1 Corinthians 11:26
· Remember our Redeemer
· Reenact our Redemption
· Renew our Commitment
- Monday: Luke 24:14-23
- Tuesday: 1 Corinthians 11:17-34
- Wednesday: Matthew 26:17-29
- Thursday: Mark 14:12-25
- Friday: Daniel 1
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will examine myself and focus on the meaning of the Lord’s Supper.
- I will remember the cost of my redemption.
- I will renew my commitment to Christ.
Home Church Questions
- Read 1 Corinthians 11:17-34.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- How does the Old Testament background of the Lord’s Supper enhance your understanding of the meaning of it today?
- How did you grow up observing the Lord’s Supper?
- Discuss the names for the Lord’s Supper: Eucharist, (Thanksgiving), Communion, Lord’s Supper. What is communicated by each title?
- How often should this be done?
- What settings are legitimate for Communion?
- How can we personally make this more meaningful?
New to fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Fellowship 101 New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, September 11 (session 1) and September 18 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor). You will learn more about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading Fellowship.
Home Church – All About Relationships Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry, has launched but there’s still time to be part of it. We invite you to check out the bios of available groups on our website or stop by the Connection Center.
Fellowship College and Young Adults Sundays, 6:30 p.m. here at Fellowship for Bible study. If you are 18-25, join us! For more information stop by the Connection Center and meet Zach Benton.
Men’s Ministry This Fall, the men are partnering with Fellowship Kids for a Father/Son Camp Out. In addition, the men will be doing a 6-week study focused on a “Man and his Marriage” . For more information and to sign up, stop by the Connection Center.
Girlfriends Ministry Girlfriends will be hosting 2 different Women’s Bible studies and a Fall Conference at Fellowship. For more information and to sign up, stop by the Connection Center.
OCC Special FBC Packing Party Mark your calendars now so that you don’t miss out on our special Operation Christmas Child packing party. The pack will be on Monday, September 26th, 6-9:00 p.m. We will need as many hands as possible to pack 2,400 boxes! Please come join us for this exciting, fun, kingdom work!
One Cry What if the Church joined in one cry before the Lord to send revival in Conway, the US and around the world? What could happen? We want to find out. Churches from around Conway will be joining together the first Tuesday of every month to pray for God to move in our city. Second Baptist Church is hosting this month’s gathering this Tuesday, September 6, 6:00 a.m. Please join us!
IFO Conversation Club Fellowship has the opportunity to provide meals for the Conversation Club, Thursday, September 15. If you are able to provide a main, side, or dessert please bring it to Second Baptist Church by 5:45 p.m. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 08/21/16 16,734
Giving for Week Ending 08/28/16 21,300
Year to Date Needed 207,298
Year to Date Giving 179,300
Over (Under) Budget (27,998)