Follow the Directions and Follow the Director
Sermon Slides – Click here
Follow the Directions
Disciples of Jesus follow the directions
even when they don’t make sense and involve some risk.
• Setting: Two Disciples in a Small Town (11:1)
• Instructions: Clear Directions with Understood Contingencies (11:2-3)
• Obedience: Just Like He Said It Would Be (11:4-6)
Follow the Director
Disciples of Jesus follow the Director
even when it doesn’t make sense because they are loyal to Him.
• Triumphal Entry – Zechariah 9:9: Riding on a Donkey (11:7-8)
• Triumphal Fulfillment – Psalm 118: Hosanna in the Highest (11:9-10)
• Surprising Finish: Follow the Leader (11:11)
Palm Sunday Principle:
Following Jesus is more a matter of following a person
than following a plan.
- Are you looking to Jesus for Salvation? He is the sacrificial Lamb of God.
- Are you following Jesus? Do you follow even when it is confusing and risky?
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – 1 Corinthians 1:18-25
- Tuesday – 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
- Wednesday – 1 Corinthians 15:13-28
- Thursday – 1 Corinthians 15:29-41
- Friday – 1 Corinthians 15:42-58
Home Church Questions
• Read Mark 11:1-11.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• Why would Jesus send disciples into town to get the donkey? Why two of them?
• Why would Jesus provide for the contingency of them being asked about the donkey and who would use it?
• Try to describe the scene of the two disciples with as many details as you can. Be imaginative.
• Jesus is fulfilling Scripture. Carefully read Zechariah 9:9-16. What parts of this refer to the first coming of Christ and what refers to the second coming of Christ?
• Psalm 118 would have been sung three times a year at every festival for the Jews. Everyone knew it, kind of like Christmas Carols. Read Psalm 118. Why would this have been so important for the week that was ahead for Jesus?
Friday, April 19 | 6:30 p.m.
Join us Friday, April 19, 6:30 p.m. as we remember together what Christ did on the Cross
on Good Friday through the Crucifixion Dinner.
Childcare will be provided for 6 years and under
(RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net for childcare requests).
Fellowship Easter Offering
Easter is a celebration of hope. Yet, millions of children worldwide have never heard of that hope. God is giving us the opportunity to be His hands and feet and to share the hope and Good News of the gospel through sending OCC shoeboxes. This year Fellowship’s goal is 6001 gospel opportunities with 2400 of those being packed during our church wide packing party in September. On Easter Sunday, we will be taking a special offering for the September packing party. To cover the cost of all boxes, including shipping, will take $38,400. Every 16 seconds a child comes to Christ through Operation Christmas Child! Please join us in continuing that legacy of HOPE by participating in our Easter Offering.
Fellowship Bible Church VBS | June 3-7 | 8:30-12:00 p.m.
This summer kids (Grades K-4th) can be a part of and experience Paul’s dangerous journey to share the truth. Cost: $25 per child. We are encouraging each child to invite one guest (not from Fellowship) to attend free! Register Apr. 1-May 17 at fellowshipconway.org/register.
Fellowship Kid Needs you
We have a WONDERFUL problem in Fellowship Kids!! We have lots of new families coming to our church and we need your help in loving and serving them well. We have several new opportunities for you to serve in Fellowship Kids. We need more classroom volunteers during both services, one-on-one buddies for our kiddos, as well as behind the scenes helpers. Whatever your gifting, we have a perfect fit for you. Give it a try for a few weeks… we think you will fall in love with Fellowship Kids! For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FSM Senior Sunday | May 5 | Both Services
Fellowship is celebrating high school seniors and their families as they prepare to graduate. Sunday, May 5, during the beginning of both services, there will be a senior slide show, prayer, and during the second service, lunch for the seniors and their families. If you would like to be part of the slideshow and/or the lunch, please send pictures (5) and your RSVP’s to Emily at email@example.com by April 24. If you have hard copies, please bring them to the ministry office. We look forward to celebrating this milestone with you!
Baby DEdications | May 12 | Both Services
The dedication of babies is a special time for parents to make a commitment before their family and friends to bring up their children in the ways of the Lord. We will have a special baby dedication on Mother’s Day. Contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have your baby dedicated.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 03/31 22,811
Giving For 04/07 37,783
YTD Budget 1,005,288
YTD Giving 1,018,144
Over (under) 12,856
Total Pledge 1,573,002