Reciprocal Christian Relationships
For Sermon Slides, check back here.
Christian Community: Bear one another’s burdens when life is unbearable (6:1-2).
• Gently restore fallen sinners (6:1a).
• Humbly examine your own weaknesses (6:1b).
• Love one another like Christ called us to do (6:2).
Vital Christian community demands that we be humbly involved in the lives of others.
Personal Responsibility: Bear your own load when you can handle the weight (6:3-5).
• Do not think more highly of yourself than you ought to think (6:3).
• Critically examine your own life before comparing yourself to others (6:4).
• Take personal responsibility for your own spiritual growth (6:5).
Personal spiritual growth demands critical self-examination and ownership.
The Freedom Factor:
Christian community thrives when brothers and sisters truly love each other, and take responsibility for their own spiritual growth.
- Monday: Matthew 18:15-20
- Tuesday: James 5:13-20
- Wednesday: 1 John 5:16-21
- Thursday: 1 Corinthians 5:1-13
- Friday: Galatians 6:6-10
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will commit to involving myself more deeply in my community.
- I will take responsibilty for my own spiritual growth by __________________.
Home Church Questions
- Read Galatians 6:1-5.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- What does it mean for each of you to take responsibility for your own spiritual growth?
- What practical step(s) can you take this week to own your own growth?
- How can this group be more effective in “bearing one another’s burdens?”
- Decide on one thing to implement to improve the group dynamics of your Home Church.
Be a part of what God is doing in Fellowship Missions next Wednesday, February 21, 6–8PM. Over 40 FSM students and other team members will take
part in raising funds for their mission trips to Mission Arlington and the Czech Republic through a silent auction. The Auction will feature various items
that will go directly to help fund mission trip costs. This year, music and entertainment will be provided by Palmer Music Company and food will be catered
by Tacos4Life. For more information and to donate services or assets, contact Shane Wanamaker.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Men’s Muster Men, mark your calendars for our annual Men’s Muster coming up April 20-21. This is a great opportunity to get refreshed in Creation and spend some time getting sharpened by other men as we engage with each other through God’s Word. Cost is $165 (only $20 due at sign up to reserve your spot). Sign up at here or stop by the Connection Center.
Fellowship 30th Anniversary Celebration Sunday, March 11, Fellowship will be celebrating 30 years since the commissioning of our elders with a special celebration. Mark your calendar and make plans to join us for this special time of giving thanks for all that God has done over the last 30 years.
Playtime for Preschoolers Parents, join us on Tuesday, March 6, 9-10:30AM. at Share the Love Club and bring your preschooler as we connect and spend time fellowshipping together while our children have playtime fun. Cost is $3 per child. Sign up at here or stop by the Connection Center.
GO: Missions Yard Sale Join in what God is doing around the world by supporting both FSM and Fellowship College students as they raise support for their upcoming missions trips (Mission Arlington and Czech). Two great opportunities coming up to support our students:
• Bring your yard sale items to the church starting Monday, March 5 – Friday, March 9, 8AM – 8:30PM
• Attend the Yard Sale on Saturday, March 10, 7AM – 1PM and come ready to find great deals that are also supporting Fellowship missions!
• For more information or questions, contact Shane Wanamaker
Worship Team Auditions Fellowship’s worship team is excited to be hosting open auditions. Contact Preston Palmer at email@example.com for questions, or if you would like more information.
Current opportunities to serve There are several opportunities to get plugged into serving in your gifts. Do you see a place you would like to get connected, or hear more about?
• Golden Years Senior Ministry to serve our elderly and seniors // Email Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kids Ministry needs several volunteers to serve our kids through Journey to the Cross // Email Heather at email@example.com
• IFO Conversation Club – International Students // Email Miseon at firstname.lastname@example.org
• GO Store – Volunteers needed February 17 & March 3 // Email Erica at email@example.com
Prayer at Fellowship Our staff, elders, and prayer team would love to pray for and with you throughout the week! You can ask for prayer at anytime on the Fellowship App or by visiting Fellowshipconway.org/Prayer.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs 24,808
Giving for Week Ending 02/04/18 24,506
Giving for Week Ending 02/11/18 18,878
Year to Date Needed 795,205
Year to Date Giving 816,546
Over (Under) Budget 21,341
Generations Total 1,583,753
Received to Date 603,974