ACTS: THE CHURCH ON MISSION
The Missionary of the Church on Mission
Sermon Slides – Click here
Saul and Jesus
God’s irresistible grace
confronts people in their blindness.
• Saul Persecuting People of the Way (9:1-2)
• Saul Confronted on the Way (9:3-5)
• Saul Prepares for a Calling to the Way (9:6-9)
Ananias and Saul
God’s transforming grace
calls people into His service.
• Ananias Called (9:10-12)
• Ananias Cautious (9:13-16)
• Ananias Courageous (9:16-19)
Living on Mission:
The church of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit,
is grounded in the irresistible and transforming grace of God
that calls witnesses into the Story of God.
- Are you certain about your conversion? Make sure today. Repent of your sins and turn to the resurrected Christ in faith.
- Are you certain about your calling? Make sure today. Start serving in your SHAPE.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Acts 22:1-21
- Tuesday – Acts 24:10-21
- Wednesday – Acts 26:1-18
- Thursday – Galatians 1:11-24
- Friday – Acts 9:17-43
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church questions
• Read Acts 9:1-19.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• Why is conviction of sin important as a part of coming to Christ for salvation?
• There are many ways of designating a person as a Christian: believer, follower of Christ, disciple, etc. . . . Which ones do you use? Why? How does “people of the Way” sound to you?
• Put yourself in Ananias’ shoes. How would you have responded to the call? What made him go?
• Saul will later become Paul and be the greatest Missionary the church has ever known. How is God transforming your life?
• What is your area of service (your SHAPE)? Are you currently serving in that area? What steps can you take to begin serving in your SHAPE?
Men’s Muster 2019
$165 for adults, $85 for boys 17 & under.
Registration Deadline is Monday, April 1.
This is a great opportunity to spend some time being sharpened by other men and refreshed by God as you enjoy the amazing setting in His creation at Shepherd of the Ozarks. Dr. Richard Howe, guest speaker from Southern Evangelical Seminary will help us wrestle with faith through doubts that Satan and the world might throw at us.
For more information and to register go to fellowshipconway.org/register.
Fellowship 101 | April 7
Get to know Fellowship better by understanding our mission, values, and ministries. If you have been checking out Fellowship or recently decided to make Fellowship your home, join us Sunday, April 7, 9:00 a.m., in the conference room (new building) during 1st service, to hear about what God is doing and where He is taking us. During the hour and a half, you will get a chance to ask questions and meet some of our ministry leaders. Register at fellowshipconway.org/register or contact Michael at email@example.com.
Fellowship Kids Baptism Class | March 31, April 7, 14, 28
If you have a child who has accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, we would love to have you join us for this next step. We will talk about salvation, baptism, and what it looks like to be a Jesus Follower. This will be a class for you and your child to attend together. If you are interested in attending, please contact Heather McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowship Bible Church VBS | June 3-7
This summer kids can be a part of and experience Paul’s dangerous journey to share the truth. Cost: $25 per child. We are encouraging each child to invite one guest (not from Fellowship) to attend free! Registration is April 1-May 17 at fellowshipconway.org/register.
Crucifixion Dinner | April 19
Join us Friday, April 19, 6:30 p.m. as we participate in Good Friday through the Crucifixion Dinner and remember together what Christ did on the Cross. Childcare will be provided for 6 years and under (RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net for childcare requests).
Feed the Need | April 7 | 11-3:00 p.m.
Feed the Need is a one day event where churches, organizations, and families across Faulkner County come together and shop for the impoverished in our community.
There are two ways to serve on this day:
1. Be a Shopper – Grab a shopping list that day, go to the Walmart Neighborhood Market (or any participating location), purchase food and drop it off at the at the semi-trailer in that parking lot. It’s that easy!
2. Volunteer at our Adopted Location – We need 20 volunteers to serve on April 7th. Fellowship has adopted the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Prince St. Jobs will range from packing and loading boxes to passing out shopping lists at the door. For registration information contact Michael Harrison at email@example.com.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 03/17 17,946
Giving For 03/24 29,525
YTD Budget 956,250
YTD Giving 957,549
Over (under) 1,299
Total Pledge 1,571,547