Lions in Daniel’s Den
Daniel’s Success and Darius’ Decree (6:1-9).
• The gifts of God may set you above others (6:1-3).
• Faithfulness to God may put you in conflict with the values of the world (6:4-5).
• The plots of the wicked are devious and specific (6:6-9).
Sometimes a lifetime of faithfulness makes you a target for people of lesser character.
Thriving in Babylon: Maintain daily devotion and let God deal with the fallout.
Daniel’s Faith and Darius’ Distress (6:10-18).
• God is always worthy of worship no matter what the circumstances (6:10-11).
• Opposition from the world is consistent and should be expected (6:12-13).
• Encouragement for your faithfulness may come from unlikely sources (6:14-18).
God is worthy of courageous worship regardless of the circumstances.
Thriving in Babylon: Obey and worship the Lord even in the face of opposition.
Daniel’s Deliverance and Darius’ Decree (6:19-28).
• The world is watching to see if God will be faithful to us (6:19-20).
• Faithful believers give Him credit for His gracious deliverance (6:21-23).
• The wicked will be judged—often with talionic justice in this life (6:24).
• Eventually the world will acknowledge that God is a sovereign deliverer (6:25-28).
God is able to deliver His faithful servants and reveal His character to the world.
Thriving in Babylon: Wait on the deliverance of the Lord until every knee bows in worship.
Be faithful to the end
and courageously put you faith in God
Who is able to deliver and will one day
be worshipped by everyone.
- Monday: Psalm 121
- Tuesday: Psalm 16
- Wednesday: Jonah 2:1-10
- Thursday: Philippians 2:1-11
- Friday: Daniel 7:1-28
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will recommit to spiritual disciplines in my own life. __________________ ____________________.
- I will courageously obey God in terms of ________________________________________.
- I will intentionally testify to God’s faithfulness at least three clear times this week.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 6.
- Read Psalm 121.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Tell some stories of people who have remained faithful to God when it was not easy.
- What kind of spiritual disciplines are anchors for you?
- What kind of opposition can Christians face today?
- Tell a story of when God has delivered you?
- Have you ever seen a case of talionic justice?
- Tell some stories of how others might praise God from what they see or what has happened in you life.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Dave Ramsey’s-The legacy Journey This is a seven-week, biblically based class that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come. This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and true generosity. Classes begin November 7th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Register at http://wp.me/p32b38-1yT.
FBC Fall Work Day October 29, 8-1:00 p.m. Serve alongside your “Fellowship Family” to get our campus ready for the Fall/Winter season. We will provide lunch at 1 p.m. and there will be a place to serve for everyone. For more information, or if you have a special set of talents you want to use, contact Shane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowship 101 New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, October 30 (session 1) and November 6 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor). You will learn more about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading Fellowship. Register at fbibleccar.infellowship.com/Forms/337953.
OCC Night of Worship Operation Christmas Child is one of the biggest endeavors we undertake as a church family. Please join us Wednesday, October 26, 6:30 p.m. for an evening of worship and prayer for OCC. Child care for 6 years and under RSVP to email@example.com by Monday, October 24.
EQUIP-Fellowship Kids Parenting Class Ever wish you could be better prepared to lead your family spiritually? Feel lost in a sea of endless resources and are not sure where to begin? Then don’t miss out on this opportunity to get practical and Biblical guidance for leaving a legacy within your family. Join us Saturday, November 12, 9:00-11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Kids worship room. Sign up at http://tinyurl.com/jbpjm5m. Child care provided.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 10/09/16 33, 566
Giving for Week Ending 10/16/16 24,752
Year to Date Needed 368,529
Year to Date Giving 375,995
Over (Under) Budget 7,466