Daniel in the King’s Palace
The Lord is sovereign when He is hard to see (1:1-7).
• The Lord is sovereign over nations (1:1-2).
• The Lord is sovereign over nobility (1:3-5).
• The Lord is sovereign in the names (1:6-7).
The incomparable Lord is a gracious judge who helps His people.
The Lord is gracious when hard choices have to be made (1:8-16).
• The Lord’s standards set us apart from the indulgent world (1:8).
• The Lord’s servants may be blessed with favor in the world (1:9-10).
• The Lord’s servants must be humble and not entitled (1:11-16).
The often hidden Lord sustains those who trust Him.
The Lord is generous when His people are faithful (1:17-21).
• The Lord generously gives gifts to His faithful servants (1:17).
• The Lord’s gifts are far superior to the sham promises of the world (1:18-20).
• The Lord’s gifts are seen over the long haul (1:21).
The generous Lord blesses those who serve Him.
Thriving in Babylon:
• Look for the sovereign hand of God in all things.
• Make the hard choices and trust God to provide.
• Use your God given gifts for the purposes of God.
- Monday: Leviticus 11:1-47
- Tuesday: Acts 10:9-22
- Wednesday: Acts 5:12-25
- Thursday: Acts 5:25-42
- Friday: Daniel 2
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will purpose in my heart to obey God (before the time comes).
- I will pray and trust God to provide.
- I will start to use my gifts for the purpose of God.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 1.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- What issues should lead us to take a counter-cultural stand?
- When we live in defiance of the culture, what are we owed?
- How do we live “winsome lives” in an indulgent society?
- How have you seen God’s character revealed in the names?
– Daniel: Elohim (God) is my judge.
– Hannaniah : Yahweh (The Lord) is gracious.
– Mishael: Who is like what Elohim (God) is?
– Azariah : Yahweh (The Lord) helps.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Support a Pastor in Nicaragua Stop, Donate, Pray! 200 pastors are expected to attend the Bible Institute in Puerto Cabezas and you can be a part. Stop by the display in the atrium, select a picture, donate $25 (covers one pastor’s meals and transportation for the week), keep the picture on your fridge as a reminder to pray as they are equipped and released to make disciples in their churches and homes. This is a great way to have “mission fingerprints”.
OCC Special FBC Packing party Next week is our special Operation Christmas Child packing party. The pack will be on Monday, September 26th, 6-9:00 p.m. We need as many hands as possible to pack 2,400 boxes! Please join us for this exciting, fun, kingdom work! Child care provided for children 6 years and younger.
Girlfriends Ministry Women of Faith Video Conference, October 21/22. Sign up at the Connection Center.
Fellowship College and Young Adults Sundays, 6:30 p.m. If you are 18-25, join us here at Fellowship as we get together for Bible study and fellowship. For more information stop by the Connection Center and meet Zach Benton (College and Young Adults Pastor).
Fellowship Kids Open House Have you ever wondered what your kids are doing while you are in church? Take an opportunity on September 25 to shadow your child and see how they are learning God’s Word. Go to the Connection Center to sign up today.
One Cry What if the Church joined in one cry before the Lord to send revival in Conway, the US and around the world? What could happen? We want to find out. Churches from around Conway will be joining together the first Tuesday of every month to pray for God to move in our city. Fellowship Bible Church will be the host church October 4, 6:00 a.m. Please join us!
Pumpkin Patch With fall, come pumpkins and hay rides. We invite you to bring your family to join us at the Shaefers Pumpkin Patch, Saturday, October 15, 10:45 a.m. Join us for hay rides, picking pumpkins and the barnyard/animal petting area. Pack a picnic lunch, or buy lunch from the concession stand and have a great time hanging out with the Fellowship family. We hope to see you there.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 09/04/16 19,267
Giving for Week Ending 09/11/16 28,048
Year to Date Needed 253,364
Year to Date Giving 226,615
Over (Under) Budget (26,749)