This position is primarily responsible for processing contributions to the church, including maintaining and accessing accurate database records by donor. In addition, this role supports other financial staff in receiving, recording, tracking, accessing and reporting on a wide range of financial transactions and trends, using both Excel and the FellowshipOne database. Other duties include administrative functions in support of other ministry staff. This person reports to the Associate Pastor.
The primary measures of success for this role are: 1) the accurate – and confidential – handling and reporting of detailed financial transactions; 2) the personal initiative to thoroughly learn the functions and capabilities of the FellowshipOne database; and 3) the effective execution of administrative tasks in a team environment.
To apply for the position, please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collect contributions from a variety of sources (weekend offerings, SecureGive, EFT, etc.) and record them in the database by donor and by fund type. Balance by fund type and prepare a bank deposit.
- Using the database, prepare periodic contribution reports, along with a pastor’s cover letter, using mail merge to personally address to each donor.
- Track and report financial and attendance trends.
- Collect credit card bills weekly, match to receipts, and append the appropriate expense code, and forward to the bookkeeper.
- Review all Accounts Payable for accuracy and reasonableness, append the appropriate expense code, and forward to the bookkeeper.
- Prepare financial activity summary reports for the bookkeeper.
- Record, track and report short-term missions contributions. Obtain short-term missions insurance.
- Extract reports or other information from the database to meet a wide range of requests by staff.
Other Administrative Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate database records for various ministries.
- Maintain a variety of templates and forms in the database for regular ministry use.
- Answer the phone and receive visitors, directing them appropriately.
- Other duties in support of ministry leaders as requested.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures; detail-oriented, accurate
- Ability to take personal initiative to research and learn systems on their own
- Ability to analyze data to determine its reasonableness against known activities & compliance with procedures
- At least two years’ experience in a detailed, record-keeping field
This is a full time position with hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30-4:30 and Fridays 8:30-2:00
Pay is based on experience and skills with a salary plus benefits ranging from $26-32K.