Love Your Neighbor
The Real Goal of Freedom
For Sermon Slides, click Here.
You were called to freedom (5:13a).
• Freedom does not give us a license to sin.
• Freedom gives us a purpose of serving others in love.
Believers are called to freedom for the benefit of others, not to indulge in sin.
The entire law is fulfilled by loving others (5:14).
• 613 laws in the Old Testament.
• Ten Commandments.
• The two greatest commandments according to Jesus.
• One law fulfills the rest.
Believers fulfill the entire law by loving others as themselves.
Community is devoured by loveless living (5:15).
• Progression – bite, devour, burn down.
A loveless, selfish community burns to the ground.
We were freed to love others,
not to do as we please.
- Monday: Exodus 5:13-15
- Tuesday: Mark 12:28-34
- Wednesday: Romans 15:1-7
- Thursday: Colossians 3:12-17
- Friday: Matthew 28:18-20
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will pray for someone specifically to love and serve this week.
- I will ask the Lord where I am using my freedom to allow me to sin and repent.
Home Church Questions
- Read Galatians 5:13-15.
- What stood out to you from the passage?
- In your own words, describe biblical community.
- What is your heart wanting in regards to relationships here in Home Church?
- Why is it easier to drift towards using freedom for everything other than loving and serving others?
- Think through people you interact with throughout the week. What are some ways you can serve and love those around you this week that is in line with the passage? What makes that difficult?
- Does Paul’s description of a loveless community resonate with your experience? In what ways?
- What from the passage demands change in your own life? What is one thing you can do about it this week?
Would you like to get your finances in order for 2018? Or just wanting to learn more about biblical stewardship but not sure where to start? Join tomorrow night, Monday, January 22, 6:30–8:15PM. Over 9 weeks, you’ll learn how to beat debt, build wealth, invest for the future, and much more! Sign up online by clicking Here or stop by the Connection Center.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Ladies Spring Bible Study Starting this coming Thursday, January 25, 6:30–8:30PM. Ladies, join with other Fellowship women as we seek to grow in our faith together and look at what Scripture says about finding victory against the enemy of your heart. Child care available. Stop by the Connection Center or sign up online by clicking Here. For questions, contact Page McKelvy.
IFO Conversation Club International Friendship Outreach’s Conversation Club is a fantastic way to get involved in leaving missional fingerprints from right here in Conway by engaging with international students in building cross-cultural relationships. Two ways to get involved:
• Conversation Club held Thursday evenings, 6-8PM at 2nd Baptist Church through February 22.
• FBC will be providing a meal for Conversation Club this coming Thursday, January 25. Sign up to provide a main, side dish, or dessert and bring to the 2nd Baptist Student Center by 5:50PM.
Contact Miseon Seong at email@example.com for more info on either of these opportunities.
Father & Daughter Barn Dance Dads, we want you to have a special evening with your daughter to model how dating is supposed to be. Mark your calendars for Saturday, February 24, 7–9PM and take this opportunity with your daughter (5th – 12th grade) to dinner and then join us here at Fellowship for a night of dancing and fun. Cost is $5 per daughter. Deadline to sign up is February 11. Register online by clicking Here. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year End Contribution Statements Your Fellowship contribution statements for 2017 will be mailed by January 31, 2018. Please help us ensure that we have the most recent mailing information on file for you by logging in to your InFellowship account and verify your address prior to January 23rd. If you have questions on your year end giving or statement, please contact the church office at 501–327–3444.
FSM Missions Silent Auction Be a part of what God is doing in Fellowship Student Ministries on Wednesday, February 21, 6–8PM. Over 40 FSM students and other team members will take part in raising funds for their mission trips to Mission Arlington and the Czech Republic through a silent auction. The Auction will feature various items that will go directly to help fund mission trip costs. For more information and to donate services or assets, contact Shane Wanamaker.
2018 Go: Czech Mission Trip Applications We believe in what God is doing in the local Czech church we partner with in teaching an evangelistic English camp. GO: Czech is our annual international mission trip to the Czech Republic. We still have space for high school, college, young adults, and are in need of adult leaders to sign up for our 2018 team. Contact Zach Benton for more information. Sign up online by clicking Here.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs 24,808
Giving for Week Ending 01/07/18 44,352
Giving for Week Ending 01/14/18 34,102
Year to Date Needed 696,247
Year to Date Giving 724,763
Over (Under) Budget 28,516
Generations Total 1,584,538
Received to Date 589,146