In Fellowship Kids, we are committed to helping Kids go deeper in their relationship with Christ. This Easter we will do that by helping them see the great lengths that Jesus went to ransom us from our sins. You do not want your son/daughter to miss Easter Sunday!
The staff and volunteers of Fellowship Kids are setting up a unique way to experience Christ’s journey to the cross by looking, listening, touching and smelling. All of this will happen during the normal Fellowship Kids times. We are praying that the experience the kids go through will be eternally impactful and draw our kids closer to Jesus!
- Welcome the children to the journey and help them prepare their hearts to focus on Jesus and His loving sacrifice.
- Tell the children of Judas’ betrayal and allow them to feel the weight and hear the clink of the 30 pieces of silver for which He was betrayed.
- Show the children the whip and the crown of thorns used to punish the King of Kings.
- Help the children feel the weight of the mallet and hammer the nails into the cross;
- Show the children the cloth and allow them to smell the myrrh which would have been used for His burial.
- Usher them into the tomb where they can sit and imagine what it would have been like for Him before He rose from the dead.