“Yahweh is good, and His love is eternal.” Psalm 100:5
This week we will walk with Job through a very challenging part of his life when he lost pretty much everything he had and suffered physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will see that God was teaching Job about trust during this time, but He was doing far more than that.
Job suffered and wanted a mediator—someone to bring him to God. This reminds us of Jesus, who suffered even though He had never sinned. Jesus is our Mediator. He suffered to pay the price for our sins and put an end to suffering on earth. Jesus brings us to God when we trust in Him.
Help your kids see the picture of Jesus in the Book of Job and to remember that that can trust God always, even when life is difficult. Encourage them to trust and remember that God is in control—always.
KEY PASSAGE: Psalm 100:5
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- Why can we trust God? We can trust God because He is good.
BIBLE STORY: JOB
- Many troubles happened to Job, and Job did not know why.
- God talked to Job and Job learned that God is in control.
- God gave Job back all the things he lost.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- Why did Job’s friends think he had done something wrong?
- Think of a time something sad happened to someone who did good or something good happened to someone who did wrong.
- Name specific ways God is in control.
- Identify a family in your community who is suffering. Serve them in a practical way by providing a meal or childcare or doing yard work.
- Pray for persecuted Christians in a particular region and the people who persecute them.
NEXT WEEK “Praises of God’s People” (Psalms 1, 100, 110)