Moses Was Born and Called
Exodus 1:8–2:10,23-25; 3:1–4:20
Moses was faithful as a servant… But Christ was faithful as a Son. Hebrews 3:5-6
This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and learned about Moses’ birth and calling. Moses was chosen by God to help deliver God’s people out of Egypt. When God’s people cried out to God, He responded and miraculously rescued them from physical captivity. Jesus was a greater Deliverer because He rescued God’s people from captivity to sin.
Help your children connect the Exodus back to Joseph bringing His family into Egypt and forward to Jesus rescuing God’s people from sin.
KEY PASSAGE: Hebrews 3:5-6
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people.
BIBLE STORY: MOSES WAS BORN AND CALLED
- The Egyptian king made the Israelites work very hard.
- God rescued Moses to save His people.
- God spoke to Moses in a burning bush. God told Moses to lead His people out of Egypt.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- What would you do if you found a baby alone in a basket?
- Moses made excuses about why God should send someone else to Pharoah. What excuses do we make for not doing things?
- Talk about a time your family cried out to God for help.
- Look at pictures from when your kids first came home. Read Psalm 139:13-16. Talk about God’s good plan for your kids.
- Take it further: Prepare a meal or donate clothes to a family celebrating a new baby or adoption.