God Gave Rules for Sacrifice
“I am Yahweh… you must be holy because I am holy.” Leviticus 11:45
This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and examined the rules that God gave His people for how to worship Him in the tabernacle. God required sacrifices from the people when they sinned. The book of Hebrews tells us that the sacrifices themselves did not save the people, but it was their faith in the Sacrifice of Jesus who was to come that saved them.
Help your kids realize that Jesus it the ultimate and perfect Sacrifice and salvation is found in Him alone.
KEY PASSAGE: Leviticus 11:45
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law except Jesus.
BIBLE STORY: GOD GAVE RULES FOR SACRIFICE
- God told Moses what to do when the people sinned.
- God gave His people rules for offerings and priests.
- God provided a way to forgive His people.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- Why don’t we still offer sacrifices when we sin?
- What makes Jesus the “perfect sacrifice” for sin?
- What do we do when we sin today?
- Write a thank-you prayer to Jesus for being the ultimate sacrifice for sin.
- Take it further: Invite kids to think about something your family could sacrifice, such eating out, for a set time so that you can give the money you save to your church, missions, or a charitable group.
NEXT WEEK “Worship Only God” (Deuteronomy 1; 3:23-4:40)