Worship Only God
Deuteronomy 1; 3:23-4:40
“I am Yahweh… you must be holy because I am holy.” Leviticus 11:45
This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and studied Moses’ reminder to God’s people to worship only the one true God. God alone is worthy of worship and He is jealous of this.
Help your kids identify possible “idols” in their lives that draw their worship away from God and pray about ways to reject worshiping anything except God.
KEY PASSAGE: Leviticus 11:45
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law except Jesus.
BIBLE STORY: WORSHIP ONLY GOD
- God’s people were almost to the land God promised to give them.
- Moses reminded the Israelites of God’s commands and to worship only God.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- What are some ways God has helped us in the past?
- How does remembering how God has helped us before help us now?
- Why do you think God gave His people rules?
- Invite family members to talk about a fun memory you shared together. Why do you remember that special moment?
- Take it further: Write the key passage on your bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker to help you memorize the key passage as a family this week.
“God Reminded His People of His Covenant” (Deuteronomy 5:1-6:25; 8:1-11:1,26-28)