The Wilderness Test
Exodus 15:22- 17:7
Moses was faithful as a servant… But Christ was faithful as a Son. Hebrews 3:5-6
This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and learned that God provided food and water for His people as they wandered in the wilderness. When Israel became hungry and thirsty, they grumbled about Moses and God, and God graciously provided for them even if they did not deserve it. In the same way that God provided for Israel’s physical need, God provides for the spiritual need of people through Jesus.
Help your kids understand that God is gracious and He freely gives what we need – including Jesus – not because of anything they have done, but because of God’s goodness alone.
KEY PASSAGE: Hebrews 3:5-6
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people.
BIBLE STORY: THE WILDERNESS TEST
- God’s people complained in the wilderness.
- God gave the people manna, quail, and water from a rock.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your least favorite food?
- When are you tempted to complain?
- What are ways God provides for our family?
- Make a list of things you need to live, and then make a list of blessings God has provided above your needs. Thank God for His care.
- Take it further: Consider serving a meal or donating food to a homeless shelter or food bank.