The Golden Calf
Exodus 32:1-35; 34:1-9
Moses was faithful as a servant… But Christ was faithful as a Son. Hebrews 3:5-6
This week, our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids took us to when Moses went
up Mt. Sinai to talk with God for 40 days. During that time, the people rebelled against the one true God
and asked Aaron to make a golden calf to be their god. When God became angry, Moses interceded on
Help your kids connect Moses interceding for Israel that day with Jesus interceding for God’s people
KEY PASSAGE: Hebrews 3:5-6
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people.
BIBLE STORY: THE GOLDEN CALF
- Moses talked to God on a mountain for a long time.
- The Israelites worshiped a golden calf instead of God.
- Moses asked God to forgive His people.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- Tell about a time you had to wait. Is waiting easy or hard?
- Why does sin make God angry?
- What should we do when we sin?
- Talk about things or activities that may interfere with worshiping God. Take steps to remove idols from your home.
- Take it further: Worship God together through singing. Pray that you will keep God first.