The Ten Commandments: Love God
Exodus 19:1- 20:11; 31:18
Moses was faithful as a servant… But Christ was faithful as a Son. Hebrews 3:5-6
This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and
examined the first four of the Ten Commandments. These commands were given by God through
Moses to teach His people how to love and worship Him. God demands perfect obedience, something
none of us can do. And that’s the point of the law – to show us of our need for another way to be right
with God; a way found only in Jesus.
Help your kids understand that God is holy and expects us to be holy as well and we can be holy because of Jesus.
KEY PASSAGE: Hebrews 3:5-6
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people.
BIBLE STORY: THE TEN COMMANDMENTS: LOVE GOD
- God gave His people the Ten Commandments.
- The first four commandments are about loving God.
- God gave us rules to show that He is holy. FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- What do God’s rules show us about God?
- What are some things we might love more than we love God?
- How can we put God first as a family?
- Talk about rules and the consequences for breaking them. Admit that adults have trouble following rules. Thank God for His plan to send Jesus.
- Take it further: Create fun but manageable rules for your family to follow this week. At the end of the week, ask if it was easy to follow the rules.
“The Ten Commandments: Love Others” (Exodus 20:12-17)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.