The Ten Commandments: Love Others
“I am Yahweh… you must be holy because I am holy.” Leviticus 11:45
This week, our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids took us to the remaining
six of the Ten Commandments. These commands show God’s people how they can love others.
When someone truly loves God, they are compelled to love what He loves – including other people.
Help your kids understand that loving people is not an option but something God commands us to
do and something we should want to do out of gratitude to God.
KEY PASSAGE: Leviticus 11:45
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law except Jesus.
BIBLE STORY: THE TEN COMMANDMENTS: LOVE OTHERS
- God gave His people the Ten Commandments.
- The last six commandments are about loving others.
- God rules show that He is holy.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- What are some ways our family is good about showing love to each other?
- What are some ways our family could improve on showing love to each other?
- Invite kids to talk about ways to show love. Ask kids if it is easier to say “I love you” or to show it. Talk about how God showed His love for us. (See Romans 5:8.)
- Take it further: Make homemade cookies and hot cocoa to take to a neighbor this week with a note that says God loves you.
“The Tabernacle Was Built” (Exodus 35:4-40:38)