Ruth and Boaz
“For the Lord is our Judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king. He will save us.” Isaiah 33:22
This week we will look at the story of Ruth and Boaz that took place during the time of the judges. God provided Boaz to take care of Ruth and her mother-in-law Naomi when they were in need. God sent Jesus to earth through Ruth’s family.
Boaz was a family redeemer. That means he would help his close relatives who were in trouble. Boaz cared for Ruth and Naomi because their husbands had died. In a similar way, Jesus is our Redeemer. We need help because we sin. Jesus bought our salvation for us by taking our punishment when He died on the cross.
Help your children see the picture of Jesus redeeming us through His payment on the cross.
KEY PASSAGE: Isaiah 33:22
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- Whom does God use in His plan? God uses people in His plan.
BIBLE STORY: RUTH AND BOAZ
- Naomi’s husband and sons died.
- Ruth went with Naomi back to Naomi’s home in Bethlehem.
- Boaz was a family redeemer. Boaz married Ruth.
- King David was part of Boaz and Ruth’s family.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- How has God given our family what we need? How can we show God we are thankful?
- Boaz was a family redeemer who helped his family when they were in trouble. Jesus is our Redeemer. How does Jesus help us?
- Collect items for a homeless shelter or host a yard sale to donate the proceeds to a shelter.
- Go further: Volunteer at a local homeless shelter, soup kitchen, or other local charity.
NEXT WEEK “Eli and Boy Samuel” (1 Samuel 1–3)