Noah and the Ark
There is one God, the Father… and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 8:6
Thank you for continuing this journey of The Gospel Project® for Kids. Today’s Bible story is about Noah and the ark. By the time Noah lived—10 generations after Adam—people had stopped following God. In fact, Scripture describes the terrible situation: “Man’s wickedness was widespread on the earth … every scheme his mind thought of was nothing but evil all the time” (Gen. 6:5). God was right to punish this sin. He decided to send a flood to cover the earth and destroy everything. God graciously chose to save one man and his family, so he warned Noah about the flood and told him to build an ark.
When the ark was complete, God’s judgment did come. The floodwaters covered the earth. Every living thing was destroyed, but Noah and his family were safe inside the ark. God rescued Noah’s family—the family His own Son would be born into. Jesus would warn of God’s coming judgment too, but instead of condemning the world, Jesus would give up His life to rescue sinners. Pray that the Lord would help you clearly communicate the gospel to your children. Pray that the Holy Spirit would lead them to receive Jesus, who rescues us from God’s anger toward sin. (1 Thess. 1:10)
KEY PASSAGE: 1 Corinthians 8:6
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- What is sin? Sin is breaking God’s law.
BIBLE STORY: NOAH AND THE ARK
- God told Noah to build an ark.
- God sent a flood that covered the earth to punish sin.
- God saved Noah, his family, and the animals.
- God made a rainbow as a reminder of His promise.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- Tell about a time you were punished for making a wrong choice.
- What would have happened if Noah disobeyed and did not build the ark?
- Tell about a time you did not get a punishment you deserved.
- Talk about how God showed favor to Noah by saving him and his family from the flood.
- Go further: Choose someone to show kindness to as a family by giving them a special gift or serving them in special way.