The Arkansas Sales Tax Holiday weekend is coming up, August 6-7. This is a great time to stretch your shopping dollars further not only for your family but for your OCC Shoeboxes. There are so many items that fall under the tax free umbrella, but here’s a top 10 items that would be awesome in a shoebox:
- Hats or stocking caps and mittens/gloves (if you can find some in this heat)
- Shoes or sandals
- Hair accessories- like bows and barrettes
- School supplies- this one is a biggie, everything from notepads to crayons to pencils and sharpeners to pencil boxes
- Scarves- could be an excellent addition for an older girl box
- Shoe laces- don’t just think about them for shoes, what about making a lacing game with a shoelace and a foam cutout with holes punched in it? Check out Pinterest!
- Handkerchiefs- you can line a clear plastic box with one to jazz it up and then the recipient can use it later as well!
- A watch or calculator- a great item for an older girl or boy box. Think solar powered or don’t forget batteries!
Have fun, save some money, and start collecting some great items to fill more shoeboxes!!